Click here for information about the latest issue
Norbert Wehr, Editor-in-Chief
I feel as though I haven’t read much in 2013, or rather: I’ve read a great deal of Peter Handke and little else. But here are five titles that come to mind.
Albert Camus: The First Man
Peter Handke: Repetition
Imre Kertesz: Letzte Einkehr. Tagebücher 2001-2009 [Diaries]
Jonas Mekas: Alt ist dieses, unser Sprechen [Poems]
John Williams: Stoner
More from Conversational Reading:
- Editors’ Picks for 2013: Vagant Daniel Medin, Senior Editor of The Quarterly Conversation, has compiled favorite reads of 2013 from a number of international literary magazines. To read all the...
- Julian Barnes Calls Stoner The “Must-Read” Novel of 2013 It really is an amazing story. And right now copies are selling for under $10. In one of his rare interviews, he commented of his...
- TQC Favorite Reads of 2013: Dan Green We are running down favorite reads of 2013 from Quarterly Conversation contributors. This list comes from Dan Green, whose most recent contribution to The Quarterly...
- Looking Toward 2013 I’ve got iteration 0.0001 of my “Books to Watch for in 2013” page up online. (And yes, lots of Dalkey titles, as usual). Look for...
- TQC Favorite Reads of 2013: David Winters We are running down favorite reads of 2013 from Quarterly Conversation contributors. This list comes from David Winters, whose most recent contribution to The Quarterly...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.