Among the things you will learn in this good SF Chronicle article on Michel Houellebecq:
- Houellebecq is pronounced Wellback (or so they tell us)
- Houellebecq was put on trial (yes, with an actual courtroom, etc, not a "media trial") when he called Islam the "most stupid" religion
- Houellebecq’s writing is reminscent of Kundera and Sarte, both in its style and its misanthropy
- If you’re female and you interview Houellebecq long enough, he’ll eventually say something offensive to you that will engender an awkward silence
- Critics seem to like Houellebecq for some reason, but they’re not really big on his graphic sex scenes
- Despite the graphic sex scenes, critics also think Houellebecq’s books are sorta downers
- "People, they like to laugh."
You Might Also Like:
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.